This week’s segment will be a little different. After Tyrion is captured by Catelyn and her men, on their way up North, Tyrion has to sit and watch his horse being butchered.
“None of us will go hungry tonight,” Bronn said. He was near a shadow himself; bone thin and bone hard, with black eyes and black hair and a stubble of beard.“Some of us may,” Tyrion told him. “I am not fond of eating horse. Particularly my horse.”“Meat is meat,” Bronn said with a shrug. “The Dothraki like horse more than beef or pork…”Chiggen grinned, showing yellow teeth, and swallowed the raw meat in two bites. “Tastes well bred.”“Better if you fry it up with onions,” Bronn put in.
Because I don’t have a scrumptious horse recipe lying around, let’s skip dining with Tyrion this week. Let’s talk about what to drink instead.
- 1.5 oz Campari
- 1.5 oz Gin
- 0.5 oz Fernet Branca
- 3 oz Blood Orange San Pellegrino (or any other blood orange soda)
- Orange bitters
- Blood orange (garnish)
- Combine Campari, Gin, and Fernet over ice. Mix.
- Top with Blood orange soda and 10 drops of orange bitters
- Garnish with a slice of blood orange
- Drink whilst plotting revenge to all who have wronged you
Jaime Lannister approves of this cocktail.