Tyrion is still Catelyn’s prisoner, and he’s currently being held at the Vale, yeah? Well, Mord, the gross jailer, offers him some food…
“You want eat?” Mord asked, glowering. He had a plate of boiled beans in one thick, stub-fingered hand.Tyrion Lannister was starved, but he refused to let this brute see him cringe. “A leg of lamb would be pleasant,” he said, from the heap of soiled straw in the corner of his cell. “Perhaps a dish of peas and onions, some fresh baked bread with butter, and a flagon of mulled wine to wash it down. Or beer, if that’s easier. I try not to be overly particular.”“Is beans,” Mord said. “Here.” He held out the plate.
Rosemary Garlic Rack of Lamb
- 1 Rack of Lamb (approx 1lb)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary Leaves
- 1/2 head of garlic
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (more or less to taste)
- S & P
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- In a food processor , or blender, combine olive oil, rosemary, and garlic. Process until finely chopped. Then add the lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- Coat the rack generously with salt and pepper before rubbing the garlic rosemary spread evenly.
- Place the rack fatty side up and cook for 25 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
Note: This will cook the lamb medium-rare. If you would like it more well done cook for 30 minutes
Serve with a side of buttered peas and onions. Pair with a nice Merlot.